So Sunday came around again, and with AJ working in the home office and my own work raising my anxiety levels, I needed something to keep me busy. In this scenario I often turn to baking, and this week was no different.
I had some bananas that were crying for attention, and while I would normally go straight to banana bread, I thought that muffins would be easier to share. I randomly googled for a recipe from which to start, and found this.
They. Were. Awesome. Admittedly my last two muffin attempts were kinda lame (and DRY) so I was extra pumped that these were so successful. Go forth and muffin, my friends. You won’t be disappointed.
- I never use cupcake paper wrapper thingees. They annoy me when I am hungry. Pam spray is my friend.
- I’m happy I used regular sized muffin tins. I usually send AJ to work with a billion mini muffins for the ultimate shareability, but these deserved to be big and fluffy.
- To that end, I overfilled the tins a bit – just under the lip of each cup – and that was an excellent choice, if I do say so. They ended up beautifully with a nice round top.
- Definitely make sure you beat the egg separately before you add it to the wet ingredients. I think it makes a big difference.
- I added walnuts (crunch!), chocolate chips (yum!) and pumpkin pie spice (secret awesomeness!), and would absolutely not consider making these any other way.
I hope you enjoy!